Planning an effective email marketing strategy for your shop takes time and effort.
To help with this process, we have created a list of automotive email templates. Use these templates based on the specific messaging you want to share with new (and potential) customers!
» Want to grow your auto repair business? Click here to schedule a demo.
Best practices for writing an effective email
Bombarding your customers with endless emails is never the move. Writing a good email requires thoughtful planning and a solid understanding of best practices.
To get you started, here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when drafting your email templates:
Type of email
Before we get to the templates, it’s important to identify the type of email you want to send:
- Introductory email: Email sent after acquiring a new email address where you provide basic info about your shop.
In this email, it’s important to present your unique selling point (USP). What separates your shop from the competitor down the street? Do you offer specialized repairs? Are your technicians ASE-certified? Is your equipment cutting-edge?
Mention these details to generate interest and potential leads.
- Follow-up email: Email sent to follow up with a customer after your first contact attempt (or their first visit to your shop). These emails can go out after a customer’s completed brake repairs, to share details they requested on a service, or for appointment reminders.
- Sales email: Email sent with the intention of attracting new customers, retaining existing customers, strengthening loyalty to the brand and introducing new shop services or repair specials.
Use the following structure to build out your shop’s customer emails:
- Catchy subject line
- Greeting “Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms [last name]” or “Hi [first name]”
- Body (include a call to action)
- Closing “Sincerely” or “We look forward to hearing from you” or “Thank you!”
- Sign off/signature “The team, [auto company name]” or “[Full name] [designation] [company name]”
Introductory automotive email template
Email is probably the best way to introduce yourself and your shop without cold calling.
These emails will help generate leads and work as a very effective form of marketing in today’s world.
Here are some templates to get you started.
Email sample subject lines
- Looking for personalized automotive care?
- Run your no-cost car diagnostic test with us!
- You’re invited to our New Year open house event!
- Check us out at our new location (with better services)
Thank you for signing up with [auto repair shop]!
Dear Mr/Ms [last name],
Thank you for signing up to our email list.
With [company name], you can be sure to find the best auto care services for your vehicle.
Keep following our emails to learn more about the services we offer. We will only share information that you benefit from, such as new specials on general repairs and sign-up details on our popular loyalty program.
You can also book your next appointment with us here [book now].
We look forward to working with you in the future!
Why choose [company name]?
Dear [first name],
At [company name], we offer you:
[List three or four main services, with brief sentences on each and a link to relevant web pages].
[list some relevant statistics on your years in operation, number of customers served, ratings, etc.]
You can book your next appointment/request a quote with us here or call us at [number] to learn more.
All our services come with the stellar customer service experience you deserve. Just see what [customer name] had to say about their recent visit to our shop:
[Add a positive review here]
Follow-up automotive email template
Usually your customer will get busy after they have stopped in for general maintenance or repairs. It’s always good to pop up in their email and remind them of your existence!
Email sample subject lines
- Upcoming events at our new location!
- Still interested in running a diagnostic test (at no cost to you)?
- Our open house event is a few days away!
[Customer name], your vehicle’s next steps
Dear Mr/Ms [customer last name],
Following our previous meeting, we wanted to remind you of a few important items concerning your vehicle.
We shared service & repair recommendations for the following:
[list vehicle needs]
Keeping your busy schedule in mind, we have attached a list of possible slots to book your next appointment.
[link to calendar or list of slot timings]
Please feel free to contact us on our website [link to contact us page] or [shop phone number] if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Your invoice for [date] visit to [shop name]
Dear [first name]
We would like to thank you for choosing [shop name] to complete your maintenance and repairs on [date].
Your vehicle is ready to pick up. Please find attached the invoice with ID number [number].
Feel free to contact us at [number] if you have follow-up questions.
Provide feedback and enter our grand prize drawing
Hey [first name],
You recently serviced your vehicle at [shop name] and we were hoping you could provide us with a quick review.
It will only take five minutes of your time. Customer feedback helps us continue to improve your experience at our shop.
Here is the form [link].
Once you fill it out, your name will automatically enter into our grand prize drawing to win [list prize here]!
Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you again.
Sales automotive email template
Email sample subject lines
- Do you have everything you need to know about [ebook subject]?
- Grab these discounts while you can!
- Greetings from [shop name]
- Your next oil change & tire rotation is coming up
Special savings on fall maintenance and repairs
Hi [first name]
Time is running out! Fall is coming to a close soon and we at [shop name] don’t want you to miss out on our fall discounts.
We are offering up to 30% off on the following services:
[list e.g oil change, tire rotations, diagnostics, brake repairs]
Book your appointment with us now!
Book with us
Book your free engine diagnostic test
Hi [first name],
Did you know you can book a free diagnostic test for your vehicle with us?
Our test helps you (and us) understand your vehicle type better. In doing so, we can provide insight on your maintenance and repair needs. This process can save you lots of time, money and effort in the long run!
Get started by booking your FREE diagnostic test.
[list of available slots]
We can’t wait to see you at our shop, conveniently located at [address].
Reply to this email for more information!
[company name] service team
Effective email messaging can help you generate more leads, retain customers and promote the shop’s brand.
Use these email templates to grab attention and create buzz around the unique qualities that make your business special.